Why Soy is Better?
Why choose soy wax?
- it's better for your health...the air...the environment!
1. SOY WAX CANDLES ARE NON-TOXIC
- If you love candles as much as we do, you should know about the dangers of paraffin, a common candle wax. Paraffin, a petroleum-based wax, is the biggest baddie in the world of candles! Burning paraffin emits toxic chemicals into the air that we breathe.
2. SOY WAX CANDLES BURN CLEAN
- Unlike paraffin wax, which gives off black soot when burned, one of the big benefits of soy candles is that soy wax burns cleaner. As a vegetable-based wax, soy wax does not give off any harmful byproducts, and all you smell is its beautiful scent, a main reason for burning candles in the first place.
3. SOY WAX IS ALL-NATURAL, RENEWABLE, AND VEGAN
- Derived from the soybean, soy wax is a hydrogenated vegetable oil that turns to a solid at room temperature. The majority of the world’s soybeans are produced in the U.S., so if you’re reading this in the U.S., soy wax is also a strong domestic source.
4. SOY WAX CANDLES ARE COST-EFFECTIVE WITH A SLOW BURN
- While soy candles are sometimes more expensive than paraffin candles, they last up to 50 percent longer. This makes them more cost-effective. Furthermore, one of the big benefits of soy candles is that they burn more evenly. So, less wax is left clinging to the sides of the glass.